Whitestone Pirates 9u
Box Scores - Stats - Standings
Plans for the 9u Whitestone Pirates Baseball Season:
Fall 2022 - Updated 10/18 @ 8:30 pm
- Construct the Roster for the 9u Pirates team - Completed
- Determine Uniform Package & Initial Price for Fall Season - Completed
- We will continuing practicing until the end of summer.
We will have 2 or 3 advanced practices per week with the
GNM Training crew for the month of July/August to prepare
the players for their first travel level games - Completed
- Participate in the HBQVB Fall League - 10 games + Playoffs
Starting 9/10 going to end of October \ early November
Registered - Completed - 5 wins 7 loses and 1 playoff win
Winter 2022-23 - Winter Workout Program - Details to be released soon
We anticipate playing a total of 15 - 20 games - We have played 8 games so far
for the 2022 baseball year (Fall Season)
As we build this team for 2022, I just want to give the parents an idea of what we envision. After watching the dynamics of other Travel Teams, I am looking to create some balance between playing more competitive baseball, and to also allow the families involved to enjoy their summer and spend time with their families.
Here is what we will provide:
1. Competitive Spring \ Summer \ Fall Baseball
2. A Coaching staff that is flexible and understands that families have other commitments. What we will look to do is have a larger roster (15 to 20 players) so when someone needs to miss a game or two, we can still have enough players to play all of the scheduled games. It also allows to have simulation games which are designed to get the players ready for their season games.
3. A Coaching staff that will not only develop the players physical baseball skills, but also focus on the mental side of the game. At this point most of the players know how to hit, throw and field, but becoming a solid all-around players involves knowing all of the situations and nuances of the game. As they say baseball is 75% mental and smart teams usually are successful.
4. All players we will recruit for this team has been selected by the coaching staff and the players will not need to go through the stressful try-out process. The coaching staff believes in building the team position by position and looking for players to fill specified roles on the team.
5. A fun, friendly atmosphere for the players. For those who have been on my teams in the past know that I strictly enforce a no bully rule. Since most of the players we envision joining this team have played together in the past, the groundwork for a close knit team is already in place and we look to build on that as we move into the future. Yes, we will be playing very competitive baseball games, but we don't believe in putting huge pressure on the players. I believe the players play their best when they are relaxed and are having a good time playing the game (and are not stressed or tense).