2022 WBF Fall Baseball Program Event Schedule
2022 WBF Fall Baseball Field Locations:
Little Bay - Cross Island Service Rd. under Throgs Neck Bridge
JHS 194 school yard - 17th ave & Clintonville Street
Just to give the parents and players an idea of what to expect, this is what the WBF Fall League is all about:
Our goal is to make our part of NYC (Whitestone, Bayside, Flushing, and surrounding areas) a place where many quality baseball players come from. I would like all of the players in the program to go on and play high school, college baseball and possibly beyond.
1. This is a development program first, but we do play real competitive games. During the games the coaches will look to teach all of the players the different situations and plays in the field, on the bases and at the plate.
2. All Games will only be played on the weekends and is designed to not interfere with school. We do prefer that all players do well in school since they will need to have good grades in order to be able to play sports in high school.
3. All players will get equal playing time. Team rosters for each team will probably have 12 to 15 players, so each player should expect to play at least 4 innings in the field. If only 12 players show for the game then each player will get 5 innings.
4. All players will bat in a universal batting order. If a player chooses not to bat then we just skip over to the next batter.
5. Pitchers are only allowed to throw 50 pitches per game regardless of age. I have heard many stories of teen aged players needing either elbow or shoulder surgury. We look to avoid this and by this point in the year many of the pitchers have already thrown 500+ pitches. The 50 pitch limit per week (we only play one game per week) will help reduce the work load on the pitchers elbows and shoulders and hopefully avoid any arm injuries.
6. We will enforce a no-bully policy in the program. All players are expected to act appropiately at all times or will be asked to leave the program. Our main goal is to create a safe, comfortable environment for every player.
7. Yes, each team is playing for a win, but it is not the priority. The purpose of this league is to have the players learn as much as possible about the game of baseball, and to provide a stress-free, low pressure environment so that the players can relax and improve their overall baseball skills and have fun in the process.
8. The coaches that volunteer provide this service because we also love the game of baseball and want to share it with their own children and as many other players as possible.
If you have any questions you can email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you can use the Contact tab.
Remember that this site is not only for the parents, but for the players as well. I know most of them go on the internet already and should start using the website to keep track of their teams progress.
We will be looking to create the most competitive rosters so that each game is a well played, close game where both teams can enjoy the game and are in an environment where they can relax, learn and improve.